The Point Lodge offers a variety of recreational activities year round!
Activities to Enjoy During Your Stay…..
|Wild Berry Picking||* Watching the Northern Lights (Aurora) *|
|Identifying Wildflowers||Cross-County Skiing|
|Biking||* Snow machining*|
Anticipate a day full of fishing that can include Trophy Lake Trout, Grayling, Whitefish, and Bourbot (fresh water Lincod). Also in the surrounding lakes and streams: Red and King Salmon, Rainbow Trout and Coho.
Home to the Nelchina Caribou herd. Also in the area, Moose, Wolf, Grizzly, Black Bear, Fox, Coyote, Lynx, and more.
The area around Point Lodge Alaska has some of the best hunting areas in the world. If you are looking for a true hunt this is the place. You can walk, snow machine or drive directly from the lodge to many hunting areas. Please check the Alaska Fish and Game website for licenses and available dates for hunting bears, moose or birds.
At The Point Lodge you can see a wide variety of Alaskan birds including Eagles, Osprey, Swans, Loons, and a multitude of other birds and migratory waterfowl.
Flightseeing, Photography, and Wilderness Treks
Enjoy all the sights that Alaska has to offer…. Wildlife, Waterfowl, Mountains, Glaciers, Lakes, Rivers, and much more.
Other Activities to Enjoy During Your Stay…..
Other Reasons for Staying at The Point Lodge…
- A wilderness vacation lodge on the largest fresh water lake system in Alaska accessible by car.
- A non-smoking facility with 13 rooms and 5 cabins.
- Located halfway between Anchorage and Valdez or Kennicott/McCarthy
- Acessible year round by air or by state maintained paved road.
- Located two miles from Lake Louise State airport.
- Float plane and helicopter parking available at lodge.
- Surrounded by four major mountain ranges: Wrangell Mountains, Chugach Mountains, Alaska Range, and Talkeetna Mountains.
- Adjacent to the 511 acre Lake Louise State Recreation Area.
- Hundreds of miles of groomed snow machine trails in winter.