1. When is the best time to come to Alaska?
That all depends on what you want to do. If you want to see the northern lights, snow machine or ski you must come in the winter. If you want to boat and hike the summer is the best.
2. What kind of food is available?
The Point Lodge restaurant serves home cooking designed to keep you full and warm no matter the year. Some of our favorites are salads, soups, chili, brisket and burgers. We also offer breakfast and lunch.
3. Are you accessible by car?
Yes, Lake Louise is the largest lake system you can reach by vechicle
4. Do you serve alcohol?
Point Lodge Alaska has a full bar open daily. We do serve alcohol responsibly.
Other Reasons for Staying at The Point Lodge…
- A wilderness vacation lodge on the largest fresh water lake system in Alaska accessible by car.
- A non-smoking facility with 13 rooms and 5 cabins.
- Located halfway between Anchorage and Valdez or Kennicott/McCarthy
- Acessible year round by air or by state maintained paved road.
- Located two miles from Lake Louise State airport.
- Float plane and helicopter parking available at lodge.
- Surrounded by four major mountain ranges: Wrangell Mountains, Chugach Mountains, Alaska Range, and Talkeetna Mountains.
- Adjacent to the 511 acre Lake Louise State Recreation Area.
- Hundreds of miles of groomed snow machine trails in winter.